- Client: Fcc Ámbito (CTR Aldeanueva)
- Year: 2013
- Location: La Rioja, Spain
- Sector: MSW landfills, Waste management, Container recycling, PET recycling and biogas plants
- Division: Industrial wastewater
FCC Ámbito is part of the FCC Group, and is the leading company in Spain and Portugal in the management of commercial waste, by-product recovery and soil decontamination, with a strong presence in the USA.
Previously, other projects were carried out for FCC Ámbito:
- 2004: BIOCARB biological treatment plant for FCC ÁMBITO (formerly TPA) in the metropolitan area of Madrid to add to its water treatment plant from the maintenance hangars at Barajas airport.
- 2013: Physicochemical treatment plant for FCC ÁMBITO in Tarragona, to treat 17 m3/day of wash water from MSW collection trucks.
Request: The products to be treated in the evaporation plant are cutting fluids and water containing hydrocarbons. The facility to treat the aforementioned waste must have a treatment capacity of 1000 L/hour, 24 hours a day. To conform to specific and restrictive discharge limits stipulated by local laws.
Solution: Complete treatment plant with preliminary physico-chemical system phase + main phase with ENVIDEST MVR FC 1500 vacuum evaporator + later refining phase using BIOCARB biological system + peripherals.
Discharge at collector to conform to legal limits, thus achieving very low energy consumption in the plant.