- Client: Ball Beverage Packaging
- Year: 2021
- Location: Cheliábisnk (Russia)
- Sector: Food
- Division: Industrial wastewater
Ball Beverage Packaging Russia would use city water for their can washing process. The cycle of the water used was as follows:
- The water passes through a reverse osmosis system
- The RO reject is used in the can washing process
- The generated wastewater is sent to a physical-chemical plant
- The waste is sent to discharge
This process meant both a high economic cost and a high environmental issue that could be optimized.
- Request: To implement a ZLD solution to be able to reuse the water back to their process and minimize the generated waste for disposal.
- Solution: After the physical-chemical stage, we added the following systems:
- A secondary Reverse Osmosis
- Envidest MFE-3 100.000 SAF 2507
The distillate water is successfully reused in the process and the concentrated waste is significantly reduced, achieving the disposal cost minimization goal.